We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st June 2018.
The Data Controller is Tim Wood T/A Whitley Coach House.
You may contact the Data Controller by email at [email protected] or by post at Whitley Coach House, 214 Corsham Road, Whitley, Melksham, Wiltshire SN12 8QF
What data we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Your name and the names of the people staying with you and their nationality;
- The passport number of guests who are not UK citizens;
- Contact information including postal address, email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences, interests and booking source;
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
We collect, store and process information using the following lawful basis for this activity:
- Contract. In order to provide the contracted services (the provision of holiday accommodation and related services), we need to collect, store and process your information.
- Consent. We ask for your explicit consent to contact you via email or post to inform you of offers and other information about the services we offer, or about events in Bath and the surrounding areas.
- Legal Obligation. In order to comply with the Immigration (Hotel Records) Order 1972 we must record certain information relating to guests, including nationality and passport number for citizens of countries other than the UK.
- Legitimate Interest. We have a legitimate interest in the collection of demographic data (region, booking source, and similar) to support our business analytics.
All data that is related to the processing of your booking is retained for a maximum of 7 years.
If you have consented to our continuing use of your data for the purposes described above we will retain your basic contact information (name, postal and email addresses) indefinitely, or until you withdraw such consent.
All demographic data is retained (in an anonymised and summarised) form indefinitely.
1. For guests making use of our guest lounge service, a cookie is used to store login data (an encrypted token) to simplify the interface for guests. This cookie will expire after two weeks.
2. For all other users, a small number of cookies are used to facilitate the use of the site. These cookies do not contain any personal data and are used to preserve the security of the site or to facilitate a smooth user experience (e.g. by caching the last page visited). These cookies expire either when the site is exited or within a few hours. Website users may choose to exclude these settings by changing the settings of their web browser; the website may not perform optimally if this is done.
Sharing Personal Information
We do not share any information with third parties. We do employ US Booking Services Ltd t/a Freetobook to process data on our behalf. We process payment information via Sage Pay Europe Ltd, Worldpay LLC, American Express Services Europe Ltd, American Express Payment Services Ltd and PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A.
Any person who has personal information collected and processed by us has the right to know:
- The information collected;
- The reason for collection;
- The details of any information shared with third parties processing data on our behalf.
Any person who has personal information collected and stored by us has the right:
- To have the information deleted;
- To correct any inaccuracies in the data.
We do not collect, process or store the data of persons under the age of 13.
What we do with the information
We need this information to administer your booking to stay at the property. We also use this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
- We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We may provide your information to our third party partners for marketing or promotional purposes.
- We will never sell your information.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, technical and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Whitley Coach House, 214 Corsham Road, Whitley, Melksham, Wiltshire, SN12 8QF
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect and inform you when this has been done.